- Places to Hunt on L.I.
Places to Hunt on L.I.
The following areas are NYS DEC Managed Lands and are for public use. This land allows for big game, small game, waterfowl hunting and other activities . Please observe state and local laws. Information on locations, maps, parking access permits, firearms season lottery, etc. can be found on the DEC website or at the following link. http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/40399.html
Ridge Check Station: questions can be answered by calling
484 Randall Road
Ridge, NY 11961
1. David A. Sarnoff Pine Barrens Preserve
2. East Hampton Cooperative Area
3. Otis Pike Preserve
4. Rocky Point Natural Resources Management Area
5. Tidal Wetland Areas
6. Westhampton Management Area:
7. West Tiana Cooperative Hunting Area:
8. Barcelona Neck
Places to Hunt Upstate NY
Wildlife Management Areas in DEC Region 3: (Lower Hudson Valley) Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester counties).
1. The Mongaup Valley Wildlife Management Area: Located in Sullivan and Orange counties and consisting of 11,855 acres of land; 6,313 acres of land owned by the State of New York and 5,542 acres of land on which the State owns conservation easements.
Wildlife Management Areas in DEC Region 4: - includes Albany, Columbia, Greene, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Delaware, Otsego, Schenectady and Schoharie Counties.
1. Bear Spring Mountain: Bear Spring Mountain Wildlife Management Area (WMA) consists of over 7,000 acres of upland habitat in Delaware County acquired by the State in 1961. It is located in the Towns of Colchester and Walton along Route 206. East Trout Brook Rd and West Trout Brook Rd run through the heart of the property from Rt 206 and join at the southern end of the property.