Serving Size: 1 Person if served as primary entrée. Or can be served to 3 people as appetizer.
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
3 whole porgy (gutted and scaled)
1 medium carrot
1 celery stalk
1/3 yellow onion
1 cilantro bundle
1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce
4 tablespoons of sesame oil
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Rinse and pat dry porgies. Season with salt and pepper. Line baking pan with tinfoil and spray with cooking spray. Lay porgies on pan.
3. Insert a slice of lemon inside gut cavity along with a large pinch of rough chopped cilantro.
4. Medium dice carrot, celery and onion. Set aside.
5. Put porgies into oven. Cook for 10-15 min.
6. Heat sesame oil in large skillet. Add vegetables, cook until lightly browned. Add teriyaki sauce, bring to simmer. Add a few large pinches of rough chopped cilantro to skillet. Turn off heat.
7. When porgies are 80% cooked, remove from oven and transfer to broiler. Cook until skin is crispy and browned.
8. Plate your porgy, pour teriyaki sauce over fish and serve.
Note: the above process is assuming that you have a traditional oven where your broiler is a small area with a drawer close to the floor. If you have a higher quality broiler with more space, you may be able to keep fish in the broiler the entire time without having to switch from oven to broiler.